Powered by the Center for Entrepreneurial Innovation with the support of the Maricopa Small Business Development Center (SBDC), Fahrenheit Labs is the first and only incubation program available for eligible students of the Maricopa Community Colleges.
Entrepreneurial aspirations among college-aged students are high, with the Kauffman Foundation citing that 40% of young people (aged 8-24) they surveyed held the desire to start their own business (2010). With the opportunity to reach the nearly 200,000 students of the Maricopa Community Colleges, Fahrenheit Labs is helping create the next generation of business owners and entrepreneurial leaders in the region.
In an effort to accomplish this and foster entrepreneurship and innovation, the program offers various resources to student companies, including:
• Work space and meeting space, including computer workstations, high-speed internet access, and whiteboards
• Step-by-step guidance on how to create a successful business
• Assignment of a primary SBDC business counselor to provide strategic and tactical guidance to help grow your business
• Assistance with intellectual property, marketing strategy, financial management, and other business-related issues
• Access to and participation in small business training programs and seminars, including SBDC Academy and Brown Bag workshops, CEI Lunch & Learn seminars and training events, etc.
• Access to networking and prospective customers
• Access to strategic partners as well as angel investor and venture capital networks
• Collaboration with like-minded student entrepreneurs and CEI / SBDC clients
With these resources and more, Fahrenheit Labs will help elevate your business to the NEXT DEGREE!